It’s summer holidays so the girls are away again (this week they’re in Swindon with my parents) – which means the Lovely Melanie and I get a brief taste of our old lives. This includes:
- Swearing around the house. Like a trooper. A lot. Loudly. With the doors open.
- Going to a gig together (Gwilym Gold at St Pancras Old Church – unexpectedly good!)
- Getting into work nice and early (so I can come home nice and early and enjoy my evening – this week we’ve been able to sit down and watch half a dozen episodes of The Knick).
- Enjoying a cup of tea without having to defend the biscuit tin from little hands.
- Not needing to leave lights on at night, so we get to sleep in the dark.
- Playing music loudly (well, slightly loudly) after 7pm.
On the downside, it’s been too many days since I had an unexpected hug from anyone.